Technology makes protests more likely, but not yet more effective (via Internet protests: The digital demo | The Economist)
- "Meet me in Sao Paulo Nov 5: Markets of the Future: From Ego to Eco. On Nov. 5 at the Museum of…" (greenfuturist.com)
- futuristgerd: (via MediaFuturist: New video: Rebooting Media:… (gerdandross.com)
- Gerd Leonhard on tour in Brazil October 30 to November 12: Porto Alegre, Rio, Sao Paulo (thefuturesagency.com)
Over the past decade, Brazil has pioneered a digital policymaking approach that many countries have looked to as a model for promoting innovation and openness online. During the administration of Ignacio “Lula” da Silva, Minister of Culture and acclaimed musician Gilberto Gil developed a policy agenda that focused on increasing Internet access and digital education for all Brazilians. Advocates are urging Brazil’s Congress to vote in favor of the Marco Civil, the passage of which would make Brazil a global and regional leader for progressive Internet policy and a model that many countries may look to as they develop their digital agendas.
I sure hope this bill will pass!
Meet me in Sao Paulo Nov 5: Markets of the Future: From Ego to Eco. On Nov. 5 at the Museum of Image and Sound - MIS in São Paulo, Gerd Leonhard presents a strategic vision on the future of global business focus eyes on innovation and sustainability. Leonhard stresses the urgency of shifting the paradigm of “ego” to “eco”. Gilson Schwartz of organising body USP - University of São Paulo, suggested adding “icon” to form a triad that defines the game’s new digital capitalism.
From the synthesis between Leonhard’s and Schwartz’s ideas comes this first seminar, which will be broadcast live over the Internet starting the evening of the 5th of November. The seminar is supported by “The Futures Agency”, the “Creative Business Cup”, the Museum of Image and Sound, international network of Games for Change and the research group Iconomia.
- The Rise of Innovative State Capitalism - Businessweek (thefuturesagency.com)
- Brazilian friends and tweeps: please join me for this event at the Museum of Sound in Sao Paulo on Nov 5 2012: from Ego to Eco (mediafuturist.com)
- “Brazil is perhaps the best current example of how a state-capitalist system can build innovative…” (futureof.biz)
- Gerd Leonhard: The Future of Media: Social.Local.Mobile.Cloud… (futureof.biz)
- greenfuturist: (via Lisa Gansky: The future of business is the… (futureof.biz)
The Futures Agency (TFA) helps brands, companies, organizations, governments and individuals to better understand - and then, act upon - the challenges and opportunities facing us in the next 3-7 years. We aim to find, filter and share actionable foresights, and work with our clients to imagine and design their preferred futures.
Email us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Promote Your Page Too