Jeremy Rifkin videos: the empathic civilization, and the third industrial revolution. Must watch!
I have been busy reading Jeremy Rifkin’s amazing book The Third Industrial Revolution as well as his other writings (check out his Huffington Post pieces), and wanted to share some of his key videos and resources with you.
His current, and maybe most important topic is the coming convergence of Internet technology and digital communications with energy and environmental issues - the idea of an Internet of Energy.
Jeremy Rifkin is president of the Foundation on Economic Trends and the author of seventeen bestselling books on the impact of scientific and technological changes on the economy, the workforce, society, and the environment. One of the most popular social thinkers of our time, Rifkin is the bestselling author of The European Dream, The Hydrogen Economy, The Age of Access, The Biotech Century, and The End of Work.
Here is a video of his recent appearance on the Charlie Rose show:
At a recent RSA event in London:
Join Jeremy Rifkin as he describes how the five-pillars of the Third Industrial Revolution will create thousands of businesses and millions of jobs, and usher in a fundamental reordering of human relationships, from hierarchical to lateral power, that will impact the way we conduct business, govern society, educate our children, and engage in civic life.
RSA Animate video
- Must-read: Jeremy Rifkin: Energy-sharing is the new internet (Wired UK) (mediafuturist.com)
- "How would that translate into wider change? We take internet technology and transform the power grid…" (greenfuturist.com)
- "Today, internet technology and renewable energies are about to merge to create a powerful…" (greenfuturist.com)
- "To appreciate how economically disruptive the TIR is, consider the changes over the past 20 years…." (greenfuturist.com)
- "Should we be more worried about not having enough, or not having the right kind of energy? Energies…" (greenfuturist.com)
- "This is a different planet in key respects than the one Carson was writing about. The fingerprints…" (greenfuturist.com)
- "Great economic revolutions happen", he says, "when new energy regimes emerge that facilitate more…" (greenfuturist.com)